Our CAD Drafter’s main responsibilities include creating and modifying new and existing mechanical drawing files for current company projects. Other eventual responsibilities can include estimation of smaller mechanical bids.
- Full knowledge of Auto CAD software. Ability to compile drawings/designs consisting of piping systems, HVAC, process, layouts, etc.
- Ability to interpret field drawings and keep project schedules in regards to drawing submittals.
- Potential site visits to obtain field information for use in shop and coordination drawings, as-builts, etc.
- Build and create CAD image library consisting of frequently used symbols and designs.
- Use and knowledge of 3D tools and drafting to execute BIM modeling and 3D modeling initiatives.
- Perform plan take-offs – use software to measure and count mechanical system components to ensure accurate project price estimation.
- Review project plans and specifications to include all necessary job scope details in project pricing.
- Work with Lead Estimator to prepare and submit small project bids.
Experience & Requirements:
- Complete computer skills; Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook
- 1-2 years Auto CAD – previous coursework or job experience (required)
- Autodesk Revit experience (preferred)
- Mechanical aptitude; ability to understand mechanical systems and drawings (preferred)
- Estimating experience is a plus, however not required
Our CAD Drafters earn between $35,000 and $47,000 per year depending on years of experience. We provide a 401k plan with company match, subsidized health insurance, life insurance, supplemental short term disability insurance, holidays, and paid vacation.