Emerson School of Culinary Arts and Hospitality
Allied Mechanical is nearing completion of the new Emerson Culinary School. The $40 million dollar redevelopment project is located at 78 W. Huron Street in downtown Buffalo at the site of the C.W. Miller Livery Stable.
The six story C.W. Miller Livery Stable was constructed between 1892 and 1894 and is on the National Register of Historic Places. The new school has 48 classrooms, 7 working kitchens and food preparation rooms and a newly constructed gymnasium adjacent to the historic structure.
The building is serviced by a variable refrigerant flow (VRF) HVAC system. A critical component of the system is the nearly four miles of insulated copper piping which threads throughout the building and onto the gymnasium roof where over 55,000 pounds of equipment is located as part of the systems.